Choices Matter. In particular, your choices matter when it comes to having a say in your personalized recovery from surgery. Much has changed in the past few years and the fear associated with post-operative pain is being lessened thanks in part to the collaboration of patients and surgeons like Dr. Mc Millan. From young high school athletes to active seniors, no two patients have the same journey through injury, so why should your pain be treated the same?
Whether you require surgery or are dealing with an orthopedic issue in a non-surgical manner, Dr. Mc Millan and his team want to work with you minimize your need for potentially dangerous opioid medications, while still doing our very best to keep you comfortable. While Dr. Mc Millan realizes certain instances require opioid medications, he strives to stay current with cutting-edge alternatives for his patients.
Non-surgical options are plentiful and include:
– non-narcotic medication
– traditional steroid injections
– NEWER Long Acting Steroid Injections (Diabetic Safe)
– MLS Cold Laser Therapy treatments for acute and chronic pain
– Biologic Injections (PRP, Stem Cell, and Amnion)
– Cryo-freezing of Nerves around the knee for Osteo-arthritis Treatment
Surgical Opioid Sparing Techniques include:
– Long Acting Liposomal Bupivacaine Interscalene Nerve Blocks (Exparel®)
– Localized Liposomal Bupivacaine Injections for post-surgical pain (Exparel®)
– Multi-modal Pain Management
– Cryo-freezing of Nerves around the knee for Pre- and Post-Surgical Pain Relief
For more information on your options please visit some of these websites below. Dr. Mc Millan wants to empower you to take part in your treatment and knowledge is a great first step.